Preparing for Christmas: Book Page Wreath

Preparing for Christmas: Glittered Christmas Book Page Wreath
I love making book page wreaths!
I found a box full of old sheet music books in the basement that absolutely needed to be rescued and be put to good use.
So I decided that it would make a great prize/gift for our after Thanksgiving Dinner family game time.

After putting my wreath together, I used a vintage Christmas decorative plate that belonged to my late in-laws, and used it to decorate the center of the wreath. 

After Thanksgiving Dinner, Hubby and I are planning on spending time with his family downstairs in the basement with his family for games, ping pong, quality time and more.  We are actually having dinner on the day after Thanksgiving; so in the meantime, we are getting the family room ready downstairs for this occasion.  I thought that it would be nice to decorate it Christmas-y so that we would get a chance to celebrate Christmas with them as well before flying home to Arizona.
The new-to-me mirror I found it at an estate sale for $5; and instead of a crackling fire, we'll have all the candles burning in the fireplace.

 I still am not too sure if I really like the added glitter, but I think it goes well with the children's Christmas sheet music, and the reddish/pinkish on the plate.
Over the summer, I found a huge bottle of brand new Ikea glitter at a garage sale $1.  BTW...so far I have a total of 9 folded tree books...I forgot to add the other 2 I had just finished to the table before taking this picture.

The Wreath: A symbol of the never ending eternal nature of love, having no beginning and no end.

Cooking & Crafting with J & J #122
Share Your Cup #271
"Anything Goes" Pink Saturday-How Sweet the Sound

Comments

Tristan Robin said…
I love this style wreath - and yours is particularly nice with the paint tinged edges!
I found your blog via Beverly's Pink Saturday Blog Hop - thanks for sharing your work!
Oliva Ohlson said…
Thank you Tristan for the very nice compliment and for taking the time to stop by! Have a fabulous day!
The added glitter is a unique look! I think it will grow on you. :) Thanks for sharing with SYC.
hugs,
Jann
baili said…
You are so talented dear Oliva .
best wishes for you dinner and games .
spending time with family is truly a blessing

Popular Posts