Thanksgiving Handmade Napkin Rings


Preview of my handmade Thanksgiving napkin rings.  I really love how all 10 turned out!

Over the summer while garage sale-ing I found this one bag filled with felt fallish flowers.  At the time I only knew that I could make something with these, but not exactly what.

So while I was planning our family Thanksgiving Dinner, I realized  we didn't have any appropriate napkin rings to use; and that's where the BIG IDEA came to me!
Immediately I went through my craft stash and found supplies I could use to put these together: I found a piece canvas fabric, TP rolls (I had been saving), pinking sheers, and the ever handy glue gun!
I cut the rolls into 1 1/2" and covered them with a largely piece of canvas fabric.  Using hot glue, I tucked the extra fabric inside the roll. 
Once all done, I hot glued the felt flowers onto each ring.
Easy peasy!   

I discovered that one of the orange felt flowers lost its center; so I improvised by hot gluing one of my little crochet pumpkins.

I decided to only use the orange flowers.
Now ...I just can't wait to set the table!
Crafting & Cooking with J & J #124

Comments

Popular Posts