April Shower Sampler

This year I participated for the first time in the annual Stitch Maynia madness which is actually pretty fun and the best part is there are no rules!
I started this sampler on May 1st. and by mid May I worked on it off and on.  About 3 days ago I decided that it was time to finally get it done … and so I did!
This is my first sampler and I enjoyed stitching it.  While stitching during the month of May, I watched lots of YouTube Flosstube videos, and learn so many techniques and tips along the way.  This actually came in pretty handy and as I followed along the way, and is slowly and surely improving my stitching. 

I must confessed that I did not followed the chart to a T.  For example: I used floss colors on hand, several mistakes were not fixed (like not counting correctly or missing a stitch), improvised errors, and so on.
Right now I'm just happy I finished something this big!  I simply framed it for now, and maybe later on I will Priscillify it.
s
I know it's not a July cross stitch theme, but since it has the American flag, I thought it would work here for now.
I'm recycling a square frame I've had for years and in storage, and gave it new life.  The stand was a gift from Hobby Lobby.  The Aida fabric came from a thrifty find.  I found over 2 yards at my favorite thrifty store for a great price.  It was white, but I tea dyed it...a first for me!

Comments

Connie said…
This is so lovely . . . I truly admire anyone that does cross stitch. I tried it once, around forth years ago and it is so time consuming that I couldn't stick with it. Your piece is a treasure indeed.

Popular Posts