Patriotic Rag & Ribbon Wreath

 Several weeks ago I made a Rag & Ribbon Flag, and I had leftover strips of fabric and ribbon; so I decided to make a wreath with it!
I am happy with my so called creation and it was so easy to make and cheap, too.
First I put together the rag & ribbon garland, and then I simply attached it to the wreath.  At first it reminded me of a dream catcher, and felt it needed a little more embellishing.  I raided my craft stash and found red gingham ribbon and a bow, and lastly added the Americana sign and star …
… and here it is hanging from our entry closet door!
The gingham ribbon and wreath are a thrifty find from my nearby thrift store, and the wire sign from the Dollar Tree.

I am just trying to keep busy this summer and craft to ignore the heat.
I'm currently working on recycling/upcycling grocery plastic bags and making plarn = plastic+yarn.
I can't wait to show you what I plan to crochet with it!

Comments

Connie said…
You are so creative . . . I am just not getting in the mood to decorate for the holidays, but on the other hand I want this year to be as normal as I can make it. So, I'll probably as least hang my porch banners up and put a flag out for sure :) Thanks for reminding me . . . I needed a boost.

Popular Posts