Summer Patriotic Vignette

After a long search to find a rustic toolbox, I finally found not just one, but 2!!!!
This toolbox was only $4.  The second toolbox was $1, which I will show at another post.
Once I brought it home I was stumped as how I would do with it.  After two weeks sitting in the garage, I finally knew how I would use it.
I gave it a good cleaning, and decided to display my Raggedy Ann and friends.
 I lined the toolbox with an American flag and a crochet doily I made; and to finish it off, I attached the glittered stars garland  from the Dollar Tree, and a blue star I've had for years.
So far I'm happy with my simple and easy display.
This is where I placed my toolbox!
I decorated the top of our bookshelf with the lantern I made a couple of years ago.  I added my treasured very rustic Raggedy Ann and Andy.
 The two cross stitched frames come from my favorite local thrift store at a great price each - $2.50!
I think they're just perfect for this 4th of July display!
Please excuse my flip flops and hat.  I keep them on the ready right next to the door that goes out into the back patio.  The paper garland is from the 99¢ Store, which I have been meaning to completely decorate (altered/embellish).
I just noticed that I don't have Andy!!!  I have no idea where Andy is, and also I just noticed that the one o  country rag doll's eye is missing🙄
This is just a tip as to how my life has been rolling lately!!!

Comments

Wish I would have saved my Raggedy Ann and Andy from my childhood. I do have a folksy actually made from rags Raggedy Ann that I bought in the late 80s or early 90s at a craft show. The toolboxes are a great find. And those beautiful framed stitchings for $2.50 were a steal.

Popular Posts