Patriotic Summer Plans

It has been over a month since my last post.
In that period of time I thought anything that could go wrong would ... and it actually did.  It was hard to deal with it all, but I can say that today I can actually breathe a sigh of relief.  Most importantly is that my Hubby is doing so much better health wise.  His diabetes is under control and improving daily.  The best part of it is that he's is more knowledgeable about it, and accepts that diabetes is part of his daily life.  This has made a HUGE difference, and it makes our daily lives so much better.

To me Memorial Day weekend is the beginning of summer and it makes me so happy!
Just thinking of all of the fun things that I enjoy about summer makes me feel so happy and blessed that I'll get to enjoy them again.  I plan to make this  summer  the best and to make the most of it!
 This is my first summer DIY project: a very patriotic ribbon flag banner.
I love it and so glad I took the time to make one.  I had all the supplies on hand, and was inspired to give it a try by following this tutorial …and of course I made changes as I went along that worked for me.    I used fabric strips in red, white and blue fabrics.  Also I used various lengths of assorted ribbon and lace.
Here's a picture of our front door patio.
It's all ready for summer.  As you know I live in Sun City, Arizona, and our summers are burning HOT, and it's so hot to maintain outdoor flowers and plants alive.  It's a lot of work and some potted plants required watering twice a day.  Since we are away for the summer, I decided that this year I would break down and use faux flowers...no watering or tending needed.
The wall hanging pot on the left, our neighbors will be taking care of it for the summer.
The hanging wreath is an old one that I just simply revamped with some new added red, white & blue faux carnations and  a rustic US flag I've had for years.
I'm keeping my white bunny out for the summer, since we do have bunnies all over our community year round.
This is a very nice surprise for us having our very own resident Love Dove nesting.  Cannot wait to see babies hatch.

Comments

Connie said…
How exciting do you have baby doves.
Love your patriotic creations.
Conniecrafter said…
Sorry to hear you had some problems but so good to hear that your hubby is better and managing his health better. Wow that is a lot of pretty ribbon you have there, lovely welcoming porch and how fun to be able to watch the baby doves :)
I love how pretty your banner came out and the front door patio looks so nice and patriotic. Good luck with your husband and his health.

Popular Posts