DIY Tiny Pincushion

I made this tiny pincushion using an espresso cup I found for 25 cents at a garage sale a while back.
Whenever I see little tiny cups like these, I usually get them thinking that I may use it in a future crafty creation.
My sister happened to be visiting me a little while ago and she saw this other pincushion I'd made out of a tiny picture frame, and she liked it so much that I promise her I would make one for her, but that it would be a surprise.
This is her surprise and she said she loved it!
I added some safety pins, two straight pins and an altered decorated hat pin for her.  My sister is not into any type of crafts, but I told her it would be perfect for her to keep it in her closet whenever she wants to stick pins that sometimes come in new clothing packaging, or a handy needle and thread whenever she may need to sew a button.

It was super simple to make!  I filled the cup with rice, which will helps sharpen pins and needles.  Then I made the yellow cushion (double lined with fabric) and stuffed it with fiberfill making the cushion pretty taut and full.
I then  used hot glue to adhere the cushion to the brim of the cup.  I used ric rac to decorate and also to cover the imperfections between cup and cushion.

One of these days I plan on dedicating a whole day where I complete as many pincushions as I can, and have them handy as gifts!

Comments

Connie said…
It's cute as a button . . . I love unique pincushions.
Great job!
Super cute. I have one I bought years ago, in Amish Country Ohio I think, that's made in an old muffin tin. I had bought several small containers way back thinking I'd make some but never did. I did use foam from boxes that I crocheted granny squares for and made pin cushions out of those. Always fun to get creative and crafty.

Popular Posts