Cat Video Festival

Well...there's always a first for everything!

A couple of weeks ago I was invited to an Internet Cat Video Festival presented by the Walker Art Center in Minneapolis.  I didn't get the whole scoop of what this event was all about...
...so when I got there it was totally unexpected.  I thought I was going to a museum to see great art photography about felines.
Nope...this was the Walker Art Center 4th annual sold out funny internet cat video festival at the Saints' new baseball field in St. Paul.

To my surprise the place was packed with cat lover fans!!!  Halfway through the video presentation I thought to myself, "What am I doing here?  This is so lame...even though I'm a cat lover!?!"
I had seen most of the videos presented on YouTube and FaceBook.  I'll admit there were some I had not seen, and the ones I had seen were either very funny or super adorable!
The die hard cat fans were dress to the 9's in their cat homage...from makeup to jewelry.

 Sisters from another mother.
Fortunately for me, this event was made very pleasant by my quirky friends!!!

 Who knew...
This was too funny!  Jokingly I had asked if Garfield would be a guest of honor, and to every one's surprise, he was!!!
All in all it was a very pleasant evening.  This is something I would have never ever considered doing.

PS: Lesson learned!  I will make sure I get all of the event's information prior to showing up!!!

Comments

How fun! We are cat lovers here! My daughter was able to "meet" Grumpy Cat at a music festival last year and it was the highlight of her day! Such a cute post. xo, Andrea

Popular Posts