Belated Easter


 A happy belated Easter to all.
Easter Sunday was a very nice day.  Hubby and I hosted a very simple dinner with one our neighbors and a friend couple.
Luckily for me I felt so much better after a very long week getting over a really horrible bout with seasonal allergies and sinus infection.
 I am glad I was smart enough to have the house all cleaned and ready for Easter ahead of time.
I found these crochet eggs this season at one of my thrifty weekend haunts.
 All I had to do Sunday was simply set the table.
I found this really pretty floral bouquet at Michaels several weeks ago.  The set of 3 baby chicks are from a long time ago.  I think I got them at Joanns.
We served a very nontraditional Easter dinner - Roasted Rosemary Turkey; with a side of traditional green bean casserole.  Gin and Brad (our friend couple) shared an excellent tossed green salad.
For a pre-dinner cocktail I made a Peach Mango Wine Frappe, and … 
Gin made her famous fruit pizza sans kiwi!
My Hubby loved it and I think he had more than his share.

The best part about this Easter gathering, was that our recently widowed neighbor Barbara joined us for the first time since her Hubby died.  We were very happy she did.

I'm still not feeling 100% better, but I'm glad I'm feeling much better and getting back to enjoying each day to the fullest.  

Comments

Popular Posts