Easter Wreath

Have you ever been inspired to make something out of your comfort zone?
Well here it is!
I have made wreaths before, but never one actually like this.  I have always felt that this type of wreaths using plastic flowers are hard to make.  I just don't know why...just being silly I guess.

I was so inspired to give it a try after watching Priscilla's DIY video, and all of the other ladies who were inspired to make one or more.  I admired their wreath handiwork and read how easy it was for them to make them.
So off to Dollar Tree I go and buy my supplies: wire wreath frame, 10 bunches of flowers (which I should have gotten a total of 14-16), 2 rolls of wired ribbon, egg embellishments and floral wire.  I wasn't about to spend a lot for better quality supplies at the craft stores; even with their coupon discounts.

I knew it from the beginning that this type of wreath making was not my cup of tea.  It just felt so awkward to handle the flowers and trying to go around the wreath frame with the wire.  The flowers were going in all different directions, and their were gaps exposing the wire...argh!!!  I was so frustrated!!!

I put it away and came back a day or two later and was determined to finish it one way or another … 
and did it my way!
I tweaked the tutorial directions (it seems like I always do anyways … LOL), and made a huge difference.  It's definitely not perfect, but believe me it looks so much better..
What I ended up doing was super simple and it worked for me.  I wrapped the floral wire around the wreath frame first, and that made all the difference … phew!  Then I stuck the wired floral stems in between the wire and wreath frame until finally secured.  I was short of flower bunches, but wasn't about to go back to the store for more.
So there was this huge gap, and I simply made this funky bow.  As a finishing touch, I simple tied these tiny glittered egg embellishments.

Would I make another wreath like this?  Yes … my way though.
Actually I would like to make 2 for our front double door.

Comments

Popular Posts