Hip Hop Hooray...

 Good morning!!!
It's a glorious cool morning and enjoying a great cup of hot coffee in my new Bunny mug from Target!  A treat for moi!  Of course Little Jack has to keep me company and supervise my work!
I'm currently cross stitching these bunnies as a gift for my mom.
I found the chart on Pinterest.

Why so much cross stitching lately?  I hurt my left wrist and it is slowly healing.  I'm not able to crochet or knit or carry/hold heavy items.  Also I have slowly been organizing my craft room and can't get to my stamping supplies … I am just a hot mess!!!
Honestly, cross stitching is so easy to do and I have all my supplies handy in a tote bag … which by the way I don't have much.  It's also a great past time while my Hubby has been recuperating, and that way I can be near him if needed..
 These Love Bunnies are mine.  I cross stitched them over a week ago.  It was an easy pattern to follow, except I got distracted while stitching the bunny on the left ... argh!   It happens when I'm watching a movie with subtitles.
Originally I had planned to make it into a pillow, but I have a tendency not to leave 2" of extra fabric around for sewing.  So I had to improvise and framed it instead.
I used a Dollar Tree artist canvas (flat) and covered it with fabric.  I then stitched the black checked ribbon all around (ruffle style) my bunnies and added a bow with a big button.  When I made the bow, I tied it with tiny ric rac and then threaded the button with it as well.  Once I was done with my bunnies, I then attached them to the canvas with Velcro for easy removal.  That way I can use the canvas for another cross stitch finish.

My plan for the rest of the day is to wait for the plumber to get here and fix a stoppage somewhere in our sewer line … never a dull moment around this house!!!
While he works, I'll be stitching away.

Comments

Popular Posts