Welcome April

… and Happy Monday!
No … this is not an April Fools' Day prank.  I actually finished my April's cross stitch ahead of time.
I hope I continue this streak of getting things done in time, and not feeling rushed or stressed out and out of sorts... 
Please please … let this black cloud hanging over our heads out the door and far far away form us!

The art of cross stitching is getting easier for me, but I still have a ways to go.  For example, stitching in white it's a nightmare and it's hard to hide my mistakes.  I miscounted the threads (2 over 2) when I stitched the clouds outline, so when it came to fill in the white cloud part (which I left to the end to do), I discovered it was very hard for me to correct my error; most importantly, I wasn't about to frog it and start all over.  I was done!
So here it is in all its glory!

I used an old picture frame, and covered the inside with some spring coordinating fabric.  I stitched this pretty white vintage trim around my April cross stitch framed.  I added a raggedy fabric bow I made and attached this cute tulip embellishment onto it.  I'm becoming a Velcro lover and using it for most of my stitchy projects; which I did here to adhere it to the glass.
The frame holder, trim and tulip embellishment are all thrifty finds which have finally come in to very good use.

Comments

Katie said…
Stopping over from the check in post. Beautiful finish!!
Loretta said…
Great finish!!! Always nice when we finish a monthly chart in time for the month.
Mary's Thread said…
Very pretty! Your shelf set up is lovely!
Faith... said…
Love how you finished your April piece. Congrats on the FFO.
Sheryl said…
This is very pretty, what a lovely finish you have given your work.
Suzanne H said…
I've hopped over from the finishing post and your's is terrific. I love how you have it displayed as well.
deb said…
Came over using your FFG SAL link. Such a pretty finish with so many special details, and that green bow is a great choice - makes the whole thing pop. Congrats on your finish!
Rita said…
I like your finish a lot.
Rachel said…
A belated but big thank you for participating in this month's SAL. Your April finish is gorgeous, and I love the way you have rescued items to help finish it off. Here's hoping to see May next month. :)

Popular Posts