$20 Bargain for My New Craft Room

I found this super cheap and practical cabinet at our local thrift store for $20 plus $10 for delivery!!!
It is in great condition and OMG it has lots of storage for all of my craft, and sewing supplies plus more.  
Finding this cabinet prompted me to relocate my so-called craft room to a new area in our home.  My new craft room is now in the utility/laundry/golf cart room.  Well the golf cart won't be parked here anymore.  There's plenty of room for it in the garage.

My old craft room … more like a tight corner … was in the guest bedroom/office.  It worked but it was very inconvenient because I had to store most of my supplies between two closets, and had to constantly go back and forth to retrieve supplies as I needed them.
I am still in the process of organizing my new craft room, and putting everything at easy reach where I can see all of my stuff!  I am a visual type of person.
Relocating to this new room, has given me the opportunity to sort out supplies that I no longer need.  I am in the process of purging lots of paper stuff into the recycling bin, and others to be donated.
It's funny how things work out and the rest simply falls into place.
I first found this draft table, for free, while I was out walking Jack here in our neighborhood (over a month ago).  We walked back home so quickly so I could get my car and load up the table (Jack wasn't too happy about it since it cut his walk short).  That's actually when I knew that it was time to create a new craft room location.

This was my very tight craft corner.
I still have this 3-drawer filing cabinet to move to my new craft room.  It stores most of my cardstock and lots of wooden stamp sets.  Once I have everything in place in the craft room, this heavy baby is going to be moved … oh yes, I need some strong men to carry it out, too!

 Unfortunately I won't be able to get done organizing my new craft room.  I hurt my lower back with all of the moving and lifting and I'm in pain … ouch!  So in the meantime I have to take it easy and wait until I feel better .. argh!

This is my new sewing machine … yeah!!!
I am so happy and super excited with this new move, and can't wait to finally have everything in place.  I can do laundry, iron, blog, craft, sew, watch television and YouTube, listen to my favorite music (as loud as I want it to be), and books on tape at my own convenience!  Hubby can get cranky and he constantly interrupts my creative work.  He needs to find a hobby … stat 😉
Yippee!!!

Comments

Popular Posts