Winter Shaggy Pom-Pom Garland DIY

Two nights ago I made this quick and easy shaggy pom-pom garland for the living room corner hutch.  Hubby says it's an antique Hoosier cabinet.
I was actually forced to make it because I misplaced my snowflake garland I usually hang here; and the cabinet just looked sad.  Anyways I searched and searched for the snowflake garland to no avail.
I was inspired to make the pom-pom garland after I saw Priscilla's pom-pom wreath.
Since I did not have a wreath form or enough yarn, I decided to turn it into a simple garland.  I am trying to use what I have on hand.  I followed Priscilla's easy to make pom-pom directions and tied them to a long crochet chain I made from the same yarn.
I used a whole skein of white yarn for the pom-poms and chain.  The yarn is from Michaels (something Loops).
At first I wasn't too sure I liked how the pom-poms turned out … too shaggy I thought.  Once I hung it on the cabinet, the garland looked absolutely perfect in my opinion.
I am very happy how this corner of the living room looks for the winter.  I am glad I added the white crochet doilies and tucked the stuffed snowmen too.
I still plan on making a pom-pom wreath though 😉   

Comments

Popular Posts