Framed Cross Stitch Cardinal

 Happy Monday!!!
I'm over my cold/sinus virus, my back feels so much better, and finally I feel like my old self.  The best part of it all is that our weather here is absolutely perfect.  Today's high will be 73* … sunny and warm … and I get to play golf.  Doors and windows will be wide open in our home to let in the warmth and air out the house.  Life can't get any better than this.
To top everything else I feel very accomplished that I finish cross stitching this little cardinal, and also framing it all by myself!!!
 This is my sideboard all decorated for winter, plus the addition of my first cross stitched project in a very long time.  Please don't look too closely at my stitched work.  I made several mistakes … not counting stitches correctly … oh well … it was great practice.
I took inspiration to frame my cross stitch project a la Priscilla.  She is one very artistic lady and I love how she frames and displays her cross stitch artwork.

I was so good and resourceful how I framed my cross stitched cardinal.  I did not go out to the craft store to buy anything.  I had every thing handy; it was just a matter of using my pea-brain and make do😉.
I had the frame (1 of 3) in storage.  The flannel plaid was a thrifty find from last summer for $1 (about 2 yards); and the glittery snowflake foam sticker is from my craft stash.  I put it all together a la Priscilla's and voila! 
It helped with the framing idea from watching Priscilla's very informative YouTube videos.

Well I'm off to get ready to go play a round of golf with my Girlz, and wear tons of sunblock.  Hoping your week is a wonderful one!

Comments

Popular Posts