AZ Desert Nature

 I have to share with you this sleeping beauty with you.  Well … you may not think it is, but for us, being this close to nature it actually is.
Hubby and I woke up to find this sleeping coyote in our backyard near our oleanders.

Hubby and I live in Sun City, AZ, and we are lucky to enjoy the local nature.  We have adorable bunnies running around, quail, jackrabbits, Canadian Geese, lovebirds, javalina, coyotes, owls, cardinals, different type of desert lizards, roadrunners, and who knows what else.
It was around 8:30 am sometime last week when I took this picture.  This little guy was just trying to keep warm in our early morning sunshine.
Yes.  We are careful with our two Chihuahuas.  Our babies are never left alone outdoors … just in case … wildlife is unpredictable.  Our two kitty kats are indoor cats, and they don't really care to go out.

Since we moved here to Sun City, I have never have had an issue with coyotes.  They do not go through our garbage and make a mess.  When I go for a walk in our neighborhood, they simply stay away from you or walk away from you, or completely ignore you.  When I play golf, I get a chance to see many of them basking in the warm winter sun at the golf course; and again they stay clear from you.  Most importantly don't feed them!!!

Unfortunately our environment here in the Valley of the Sun has overgrown and encroached with our local wildlife.  I was taught to respect nature, and at the same time share my environment with it.

Comments

Popular Posts