Winter Snowflakes & Daily Life Update

These past two weeks have been a complete busy blur … and sickly, too.
I did try to keep up with my blog, but just couldn't do it!

Hubby had cataract surgery and was a success.  He can see now out of his right eye.  The tedious part of the surgery has been keeping up with the daily multiple eye drop schedule for four weeks.  Great news … he's ready for his left eye to be operated on.
I came down with some nasty virus (supposedly going around) and felt absolutely miserable.  Still have a throat tickle, runny nose, headache and a few coughing fits here and there; but feeling so much better.
Even our poor little Phoebe (cat) had to see her Vet.  We had noticed that she was getting really thin and couldn't keep her food down  She had blood work done and other tests, and apparently she's having an issue with her thyroid.  We are still waiting for the rest of her test results.

I wanted to share some of the final finished DIY winter snowflakes I made out of clothespins.  I painted them white, and decorated them using bits and pieces of vintage jewelry.  I also used some of my leftover jewelry making supplies.
The following snowflakes are the extras I was left with.
Most of the snowflakes were part of our family, friends, and neighbors' Christmas gift.  
I think I ended up making about 25-28 total snowflakes.
I decided to use these snowflakes to hang here and there around our home.
I normally don't decorate our home for winter, but this year I decided to add a little Winter Wonderland.
I plan on making more of these snowflakes for next year, but will be decorating them a bit differently.
I am thinking silvery snowy glitter!

Comments

Popular Posts