Winter Garland

Every year for the holidays, my monthly stamping group, we have a Christmas party to celebrate another successful and fun year of Make & Takes at Vivian's place.  We have a luncheon, we play games, sing, play Dirty Santa (Gift Exchange) and have a fabulous time.
There's only one requirement though.  The gift you bring for the gift exchange must be handmade.  
 I made this 6 feet long white winter garland with the addition of the pearl beads for the exchange.  I thought the beads/pearls would give them a snow feel to it.
The strips of white fabric are 1" wide x 6" long.  I tied strips of fabric onto a long string of jute.  I alternately tied 10 strings of fabric onto a string of jute, and then added one string of beads in various sizes long.
The beads came were from a long garland which I took apart and cut it into smaller pieces.  I found the bead garland last year after Christmas for 75% off.  

~Here's a closer look~

The sad thing is that I wasn't able to attend the annual party due to Hubby's health.  I was so disappointed.  This is  a party I look forward to every year.  My fellow stampers are so creative and I love to see what they create.  Needless to say, everyone goes home super happy with any gift you end up with.

Hubby is better now and will be getting cataract surgery on his right eye this coming Thursday.  One procedure that can be checked off his long list.

Comments

Popular Posts