Quilting WIP On Hold

One of my new year's resolutions is to finish up one by one all of my works in progress projects or WIPs.
For one reason or another (or excuse) I start a project or projects and never finish them or I put them on hold.
For example this quilt below, which was a project from the late 90's for one of my very young nephews … yikes!!!
 The reason I never finished this quilt was that at the time, my husband became very ill and I had to work two jobs to keep us away from the poor house while he recouped … for about 3-4 years.  It was tough, but God is great!!!

Once Hubby got well and went back to work, I had a lot of catching up to do.  So many projects and DIY's had to be put in the back burner.
Not only that, my first sewing machine broke down completely, and it took several years to replace it.  Finally I became the proud owner of  a new-to-me sewing machine, and used it for the occasional sewing need; I was working long hours and didn't have time to use it.

Now here's the kicker!
Remember I mentioned our house being broken into las summer?!  Well the thieves stole my excellent sewing machine.  Bastards … I'm so mad!!!!  This burglary thing has been a total migraine!

So my very nice friend gave me his late wife's sewing machine … things are looking up right?
Guess what???
Yup … it broke down while I started sewing stitch in the ditch … argh!!!
It never ends!!!

I've had it!!!
I didn't give a hoot anymore, and I just went ahead and order a brand new sewing machine through Amazon.   It gets here tomorrow … yippee!!!

Sometimes I wonder if maybe these sewing machine episodes are a sign telling me to give up quilting or sewing … hmm???

Comments

Popular Posts