Merry Christmas in July!!!
I am joining Natasha ~Keeping the Christmas Spirit Alive 365, for a Christmas in July party!
What I enjoy most about Christmas, besides celebrating Baby Jesus' birthday, is baking Christmas Cookies!
I would like to share a Christmas past post of one our favorite Christmas cookie~
These cookies are a great hit with the Ohlson Family, and now with the Murillo Family! Jan, my husband's sister-in-law, is an AMAZING great cook and baker! She was very nice in sharing this recipe with me. Melting Moments are a very fragile cookie that literally melts in your mouth! Yum Yum...!!! I made a double batch of these cookies to share with my family for New Year's Eve. I sprinkled each cookie with green sugar sprinkles in hopes that the New Year brings us Life, Health and of course $$$!
This plate of cookies are Hubbies'...hands off!
Ingredients for cookies:
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/3 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
Ingredients for icing:
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 drops red food coloring (or your desired food coloring, colored sugar sprinkles, etc...)
- Cream butter, slowly add cornstarch and 1/3 cup confectioner's sugar; beat til fluffy. Stir in flour with wooden spoon (very soft dough). Cover and chill 1 hour.
- Preheat over to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- Roll dough into 24, 1 inch balls. I used a small cookie scoop from Pampered Chef. Place 1 and 1/2 inches apart on ungreased sheet. Press a slight indentation on top of each cookie. bake for 10-12 minutes until firm, not brown. Cool, top with icing.
To Make Icing:
- Blend cream cheese and 1 cup powdered sugar til smooth. Mix in vanilla or 1/4 teaspoon of another extract of your choice, and a few drops of food coloring. Mix well.
Enjoy and make sure you always leave cookies & milk for Santa!