Vanity Table Curtains

Last October I worked on updating my late mother-in-law's vanity table.  
I cleaned, painted, and most importantly I crochet a lace edge tabletop for it.  But I wasn't completely done with this project until this summer.
 Here it is now!!!
I added a curtain to cover the cluttered shelves (picture above). 
 Above picture shows the vanity table before curtains.
Upon entering our bedroom, our vision would zero in on the uncovered shelves; and Hubby would asked me, "When are you going to add the curtains to the table so we don't have to see the junk?!"
After one to many prompts, I got to work!  LOL!!!
I looked through my stash of fabric and got to work.  Simply simple white cotton sewn curtains.  The hardest part was finding the right size tension rod for the curtains, but finally found one at Hancock's.
Now, I'm debating whether I should add a simple crochet lace edge at bottom of curtains or add the same edge as the one that goes around the top, or just leave it as is.
This vanity table is looking so much better and I'm loving it!
I'm currently on the hunt for a proper vanity mirror to go with this table and better lighting, too!

Comments

GARAGE SALE GAL said…
Very nice vanity makeover. I think adding the matching lace on the bottom would be perfect.
I'm having a swap if you are interested for Halloween/Fall!
warmly,
deb
Olivia, the added skirt is darling! The crochet edge is just gorgeous too. I love it and will be featuring you at SYC this week.
hugs,
Jann

Popular Posts