Decor Fabric Rag Balls

  I'm sharing with you one of my new craft discoveries...Fabric Rag Balls!!!

 You see I have this huge basket that needed something to fill it up with and make it look pretty.  I had tried a plant...nope ~ didn't look right...books ~ nope...more baskets ~ nope...and nothing really worked.


So while Pinterest-ing I came across rag balls...& voila...I knew that would be perfect for this basket.   After watching, reading and following several tutorials to learn the basics on how to make this quick and easy craft, I knew I could make them myself.


If you know a little about me by now, you know that I like to tweak & improvise DIY's...hehehe!!!

My Supplies:
  • styrofoam balls (assorted sizes), well used tennis balls (Hubby's), cheap toy plastic balls (Dollar Tree Store or garage sales or your grand/child's toy box, your pet's toy basket,... )
  • 1" width,  long ripped strips of your favorite fabric choice/theme
  • glue
Directions:
  • dab a little glue to ball
  • place end of ripped fabric strip to glue on ball and wrap ball completely with fabric
  • at the end of fabric strip add a little dab of glue and glue to covered ball
  • let dry and display
These were my first rag balls I made using tennis balls.  A few to start with.


Then I hit the jackpot of balls!!!
A couple days later I found this bag full of balls at my local thrift store, immediately brought them home, and... 

went from a few...

Comments

Nancy Jo said…
Hi Oliva,
I'm back blogging, tried to give it up didn't work out. Anyway. Your Rag balls are a real good idea. I have a lot of them but silly me I rolled the whole ball with fabric. Now the next time I will at least use a ball. Nancy Jo
Oliva Ohlson said…
I'm so glad you're back! You probably needed a break just like have in the past.

Silly me I would have literally mad rag "balls' if I hadn't stumble across a tutorial!!!
Conniecrafter said…
They look great and that was a good fine with that bag of balls to use with this idea, I have a basket by my front door with rag balls :)
Art and Sand said…
I bought some styrofoam balls to make my own rag balls, but I never did. You've inspired me to make some.

Thanks for sharing with SYC.
Oliva Ohlson said…
I love to see a picture of it please!!! My head is now swimming in rag ball themes for holidays!!!
Oliva Ohlson said…
Don't wait any longer. They're so fast and easy to make!!!

Popular Posts