Crochet Throw Pillow Cover

 What do I do while Hubby and I watch TV in the evenings?  I crochet of course!
I just finished my very first crochet throw pillow cover ever!!!

I used a very fun, easy and quick crochet pattern called Crossed Double Crochet Stitch by Lacy Crochet.  I had used this same pattern last year to make several crochet dishcloths, but this time I tweaked the pattern to make it into granny squared style.

When we first moved to our SUMMER HOME, we were given several throw pillows (family cleaning out their home to redecorate/downsize) in great condition and quality, but the colors really didn't matched our so called decor.

So last year I sewed several pillow pocket covers, but this year I decided to give crochet a try.

This is the back of the crochet pillow cover.
I used assorted buttons from my late mother-in-law's saved button stashed.

Now...this is what I learned about making crochet pillow covers or should have dones:
  • Should have done a different center; absolutely not happy with how the center of the granny square is...way off centered!
  • Should have ironed all three crochet pieces first, and
  • Should have placed and pinned together the three pieces in place to make sure that the one outside flap was even with the other side
Live & Learn!!!
My current project is on my second pillow cover using the Corner-to-Corner Shell Stitch.

Comments

Beca said…
It looks great! I do the same thing when I sit and relax in the evening. I've wanted to crochet some pillow covers for a while now just haven't gotten to it yet. Too many ideas just not enough time. That seems to always be my dilemma. Enjoy!
xx Beca
Conniecrafter said…
It looks terrific, love the back too, you just need to add a button to the front center and you will never know it might be a bit off :)
GARAGE SALE GAL said…
I think it is great! Hope you have a nice week!
warmly,
deb
Alicia said…
That's the good thing about doing something like this is that you learn from each project. I used to crochet a lot! Both with yard and string. I haven't done it for years though. You've made me want to start again. I remember back in the day when I did crochet in the evening it was for the sole reason of keeping me from snacking. I would watch TV and would want to eat chips or candy so I started crocheting to keep my hands busy. Time to start that again!

I think you did an excellent job and it looks beautiful. Great use of vintage buttons too!
Oliva Ohlson said…
Thank you for the great suggestion!
Oliva Ohlson said…
Thank you Deb!!! You too!
Oliva Ohlson said…
Thank you Beca! I agree...never enough time to do it all! The sad thing (or maybe a good thing) while I'm working on a project I'm thinking of all the other things I would like to make or should be doing!!!
Oliva Ohlson said…
Thank you Alicia!!! You know what? It does prevent me from snacking/grazing!!! You should start working on a quick, fun and easy crochet project to get you back to crocheting. Have a great week!
Art and Sand said…
So pretty!

Thanks for sharing with SYC.

Popular Posts