Thrifty Finds

Last weekend I really enjoyed garage sale-ing!!!  I found several nifty thrifty treasures,...
and the best part was discovering this great thrift store called Empty the Nest!!!  OMG...is a wonderful neat place!  

I happened to discovered this place about two weeks ago.  I was out and about running errands and I saw this huge sign advertising a huge sale, and I just had to stop and check it out!  I am so glad I did.  That particular day, the store was having 20% discount on everything.  The place was packed and I didn't have enough time to shop, but was able to pick up the copper mold, silver coffee urn and hanging basket for under $4.00!

 So this past weekend, I made a point of stopping by Empty the Nest again to see what I could find.  I  found an oil pan for $2.00, which I'm using now as a watering station for birds, squirrels and bunnies in our garden.  A set of four iced tea spoons and a copper mold for $1.00 each.  The hen was the most expensive one ($4.00), but I just had to have it!!!

The two milk bottles (50 cents each~Crate & Barrel) and enamel pitcher (50 cents~Ikea) are from a garage sale I stopped by after the thrift store.

The shepherd's hook is from Empty the Nest ($2.00), now holding a hanging basket of mums, and eventually will also serve as a trellis with the help of chicken wire for my newly acquired vine plant.

I found this pretty doily ($1.49) and embellishments for crafting (from 79 cents to $1.09) at another thrift store that I like to shop at.  It was a quick stop!

 The glass paper weight is from another garage sale and was only a $1.00!  I haven't yet decided where I will find a home for it.

At the last garage sale I stopped at, I found my biggest treasures of the day!!!!
A Coffee Espresso Scherzer Bavaria Germany demitasses, dessert plates, pot and creamer for only $4.00!!!  It is not a complete set, but I think it's just perfect as is.  I can use the teacups & saucers and dessert plates for when I host Bunco.

Last but not least, this very shabby distressed garden table for a whole dollar!!!
It is very sturdy and for now is in our back patio.  I've got great plans for it!!!

I love finding great deals!!!

Comments

Beca said…
That is awesome! I love to stop at thrift stores every now and then too. It's so much fun finding little treasures to bring home. You found some great stuff. Love that garden table. It looks great already in your yard.
xx Beca
GARAGE SALE GAL said…
I have seen advertising for that place...SO now for sure I will have to visit! All good finds! Very pretty dishes/cups & such.
warmly, deb
Conniecrafter said…
How fun to find new places to get such great deals, great prices on those embellishments for your crafts!!

Popular Posts