Gardening for Spring

Oh...tulips and allium for next spring...woo~hoo...
YIKES...tons of hard work and blisters!!!
I tend to chew more than I can bite...a lot of the time!!!
~sorry about the angle of this picture~
In my mind I have these great gardening ideas, but in reality I don't realize how much work it entails to get it done!!!  Digging, prepping soil, and planting bulbs was really hard work.  It took me about three different occasions to finally get 120 bulbs planted in addition to transplanting and dividing some lilies into this front and side area of the front yard.

I'm so happy I'm all done though, and knowing that come this spring I'll have beautiful colorful tulips in our garden and lilies too...YEAH...that is if the squirrels don't dig them up!!!  I used to think squirrels were so cute...not so much now anymore.

Ahhh...after a long day of physical hard work, I had the joy to finally sit down and enjoy a nice cup of tea (or two) in my new teacup with a delicious baked treat from Hubby!
Life can't get any better!!!

Pink Saturday ~ How Sweet the Sound

Comments

Boopnut said…
I think I should use some of my pretty tea cups! (they are in the curio cabinet). Oh, how I wish we had the ambition to plant bulbs. No more money, no more time. Maybe next Fall?
Deb
GARAGE SALE GAL said…
It will be so beautiful when they bloom! That is a lot of hard work! You needed to have some tea after all of that.
warmly,
deb
Dee said…
A hot cup of tea and a treat sounds lovely after a hard day's work.
Enjoy... :)
Beca said…
All your hard effort will be so worth it come Spring. Your house will look so pretty.
xx Beca
Conniecrafter said…
That does sound like a lot of hard work but I can't wait to see what it will look like this spring, you will be sitting back and smiling at all that beauty!
You'll be so happy this spring when all your flowers start to pop up.
That is a lot of bulbs to plant but the spring reward will be worth it. I plant extra deep to deter the squirrels.
Alicia said…
That's a beautiful cup. We've only had a couple of hot tea days, can't wait for the cooler weather to get here. You sure did a lot of work! Can't wait to see pictures in the spring.
Something really nice to look forward to this spring, Oliva! Your hard work will pay off. Lovely tea-cup and how nice to have a hubby who bakes! xo Karen
decorayadora said…
Me encantan los tulipanes , es una bella flor,, que tengas un óptimo domingo
How lovely to sip tea from your gorgeous tea cup, Olivia. Especially after a hard day's work in the garden. I've been amending soil and transplanting perennials all summer long, and it is laborious. I planted iris and daffodils the last few days and I'm almost done. Like you, I'll be glad I did it all when things pop up next spring. Enjoy the weekend.
Kim said…
All that hard work and those blisters are well worth it when those gorgeously hued Tulips show their pretty faces come Spring. They are glorious. AND....what better way to celebrate a job well done that sipping tea from your pretty new tea cup.

Popular Posts