Pages

Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Shabby Vintage Pocket Letter

 First of all I apologize for the glare and bad lighting on these two pictures :-(

I made this Pocket Letter for Mikki, and included it in her tea cup exchange package.  She had stated that she enjoys making PLs, and this was a great excuse for me to make her one.
I'm not very good at creating shabby, but I gave it a go!
 This is the back of Mikki's PL.  I crochet the pink hearts and embellished a paper clip for her.  I also crochet the flower in the front pocket, the tiny crochet butterfly so that she can use anyway she wants, and I also added the small crochet bow paper clip holding my letter to her.
Mikki says she loved it, and she will be sending me one!
I can't wait to see what she creates!

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, I think you do shabby chic very well and how special to include all your crocheting into it, special treasure for her

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply Stunning, Olivia!
    Thanks so much for stopping by!!

    I bought that chandy at Ross for Less several years ago and then i found a set of demitasse cups and saucers that fit perfectly on the chandy so i used E6000 glue and glued them on!!

    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Oliva! This is the first time I've heard of pocket letters. I checked out the instructional video link and found it very informative. I think your shabby one will be a hit with the gal who receives it. Wouldn't that be a fun way to send greetings to friends and family on special occasions like birthdays, anniversaries and "just because" reasons. I think I'm going to start collecting little items for the pockets and find a pretty box to put them in. When I get a bunch I will start doing the letters. Thank you for sharing this winning idea.
    (((Hugs))) Susanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely idea, Oliva! I can imagine the delight of the recipient when receiving this dear gift! Love all the sweet tokens you have created <3 xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sure she will love it, Olivia! I like the vintage look as well!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. i like the idea of the pocket letters, very cool and unique!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting & taking the time to leave me a comment! Your comments are so very much appreciated! XOXO