At The Opera

Last week was my very  first time ever attending an opera production, and I have to say I really enjoyed it!

I was lucky enough to be invited by my neighbor Lynn, to attend the Ordway Center for the Performing Arts in St. Paul, MN.  My first opera production was Elektra.
I had not had a chance all summer long to dress up, put makeup on and have a wonderful Girls Night Out evening!
With all of the excitement I did not get a chance to take pictures of us at dinner and at the theater.
 I did manage to take this picture at the end, and … 
 one of the lobby.
There were people dressed to the nines and others not so much, but it was enjoyed by everyone.
Before the opera, we first had dinner at Pazzaluna Urban Italian Restaurant, which I had never been to and didn't disappoint.  Just a warning, I had their Penne Arrabiatta which was delicious but spicy hot and no extra amount of grated cheese made it any better!  I missed the menu's descriptive word: fiery!  Lynn recommended it an said she always order it, but omitted to tell me about the spiciness!!!
Anyways, I was only able to eat part of it, and the rest I brought home.  It was perfect the next day as leftovers with extra cooked pasta.
 As much as I absolutely detest posting pictures of me, here are two I want to share.
Not too dressy or too casual.
I am also so happy to share that finally this summer I was able to lose one whole size in clothing!!!
I had been struggling with my weight ever since menopause hit me, plus all of the extra stress and worrying about Hubby's health in the last 3-4 years.  
I'm finally able to take one day at a time, and think about my own health and how I could improve it.  Faith in God has been a blessing.  Once I got to the point where  I couldn't take the all the pressure anymore, I finally let God take over. 
This loss of weight is motivating me to continue with it, even if it's at a slow pace.
 I took this picture of this building on our walk to the theater.
It was a beautiful evening, and the city was illuminated so pretty.
I just love the clock at the top.  It reminds me of Peter Pan.

It's always so nice when you make new friends and experience new things in life!

Comments

Popular Posts