Fall Vignette a la Farmhouse

 I have been struggling all summer long on how to decorate this table between our living room and kitchen wall.
It finally dawn on me that I could create a fall vignette using this wooden box.
Over the summer I found this very rustic wooden box on the curb for free.  The lady who owned it no longer wanted it, and thought someone might use it in their garden.  Originally I planned on using it in the garden, but had second thoughts.  I didn't want it to rot out in the garden, so I cleaned it, nailed it tightly and stored it for future use.
I had all the supplies on hand except for the faux flowers.  During my summer thrifty finds, I found an iron 3-candle holder (inside box) which I had to bent a little to make it fit inside the box, the autumn leaf napkin is one from a set of 6 napkins, and the wax candles as well.
Eventually I will replace the wax candles with LED ones; so for now these candles will not be lit.  Also I think that taller candles on the sides would look better than these short ones; right now I placed a small glass as riser under each short candle.
I didn't want to spend too much on faux flowers, so off to the Dollar Tree I went. I think I need to get a least 3-4 more stems to make the arrangement look fuller.
As soon as October came, I brought out Esmeralda Lee Witch.  She's a pre-fall thrifty find.
 I think she's cute!
Esme came with her own tags still attached to her.
Now you can see where we feed our little Chihuahuas … right under this table.  Their toy basket is right next to their food bowl.  Jack loves to remove the insides of his stuffed toys, and he has a collection of cadavers in the basket.  Daphne is not too much into toys as long as she's right next to me.  Their water dish is the bathroom.  They love fresh water!

I love it when things I collect, eventually work out and can be used in our home.  Just a little imagination and inspiration is all I need!

Comments

Popular Posts