Autumn Garland for the Mantle

I guess I'm so ready for autumn and/or Halloween!!!
This is my latest seasonal garland in our living room mantle; and it's not a rag garland this time.  It was fun making it, and super cheap to make.  All Dollar Tree supplies.
I hung it from the mirror, because when I tried hanging it from the mantle, it covered the grape vine wreath.
~please excuse my current cross stitch tray table; should have removed it~
Crisp and very cool mornings; and this week we are lucky to have the sun shining!  
Honestly,  I wasn't ready for summer to be over. 
 This summer was simply gorgeous and wet … lots and lots of rain, which in turn gave us a lush garden … and lots of weeds, too.   I worked very hard in the garden, and still have some plants to get in the ground and call it DONE for the season.
To make simple, fast and budget friendly (all Dollar Tree supplies):
One of each (or package)~
5ft. fall leaf garland, one fleece black plaid men's scarf cut into strips, silk fall leaves, wood die cuts of maple leaves, Jack-o-Lanterns & ghosts, burlap & felt leaves
I tied the strips black plaid first all along leaf garland, then tied or glued the rest of the embellishments throughout.
I was inspired by Priscilla, where she actually hung four different garlands together on her mantle. I thought that putting all 4 or more garlands into one, would make it look fuller, in my opinion.
Once Halloween is over, I can remove the ghost & Jack-o-Lantern wooden die cuts, and upcycle for Thanksgiving season.

Comments

Popular Posts