Boston Fern for Free

Isn't this huge Boston Fern so healthy looking and so very gorgeous!!!
I saw it advertised for free on Facebook's Marketplace for free over a week ago.  I fell in love with it right away, and thought how beautiful it would look in our dining area hanging from the ceiling over the winter.
The original owner's, who happened to be like less than 5 minutes from our place, have had it for over 4-5 years.  During the summer it was out on their deck, and during the winters it was brought inside their home; but since it got so huge this summer, they had no room for it indoors.  Lucky me!
I just didn't realized how huge the fern was, until I tried to bring it into the house.
The only place I'm able to display it where's there plenty of room for it, is the living room.  It gets all of the morning sunlight by the big windows.  I had to rearranged some of the furniture to make enough room for it though.
I placed the free fern inside this $1 thrifty find brass pot I found over the summer at a garage sale.  It still has it's original price tag on from Michaels for $39.99 I think.
The plant is really huge, but not too heavy to be atop of the antique pie crust table that belonged to Hubby's grandparents.
At the end of this month, we go back to winter in AZ, and if we have room in the van, this gorgeous and healthy fern is coming with us … 1,631 miles road trip.

Comments

Popular Posts