I Purified Myself in Lake Minnetonka

Hubby and I had a fabulous time sailing Lake Minnetonka with our next door neighbors & friends, Doug & Kelly & their 4 month old baby, towards the end of last month.
It was a beautiful late evening … perfect weather and best of all sunny.
We had been planning this trip all summer long, but our summers here get so busy for all of us.  You think retirement means tons of free time; but it's totally the opposite.  In reality we have to plan a rest or stay at home day
We drove together to Excelsior where they dock their boat for the summer, and sailed Lake Minnetonka.
For dinner, we pulled in at Lord Fletcher's, for a very relaxing dinner in the patio and enjoyed the last of what would be a gorgeous summer day.  As you can see we were not the only ones doing so.

NOW … let me tell you my once in a lifetime adventure or stupidity:
As some of you might have realized that technically I am 55+ now; not that age has anything to do with my clumsiness, but I can tell the changes in my body.  I feel like I'm in my twenties, and here and there my body tells me, "NOPE.  Don't do it"!
One of the symptoms I experience is a little bit of dizziness (Ditzy could be my nickname).  Every time I would board the boat, Doug would assist me in and out.  I noticed Kelly was a great skipper and no assistance needed.  I think that's what got to me that I needed assistance, while Kelly was all energy and no assistance needed.  Just like I used to be.
My ego … argh 😬
My Karma is always there to set me straight!  As we returned to the dock, I decided to show everyone I could exit the boat all by myself.  Wrong decision and a well deserved learning lesson to myself.
I set my first step on the dock, and from there it all went wrong.  Next thing I know, I was underwater and I'm like WTH.
Thank God I did not get hurt, and I was just totally embarrassed, mortified and felt so stupid.  The next day, once I was over my shock, I felt horrible that I had to put Doug & Kelly through this situation and be a nuisance..
unlike Apollonia in Purple Rain with clothes on and in the right lake … 😂😂😂
Here's my sassy self posing with our neighbor's boat, which is getting ready to be taken to its winter storage place.
I am learning to accept my body limitations!

Comments

It must of been a fun boat ride but at least you didn't get hurt or anything and it all turned out good.

Popular Posts