Hearts

When Dear Hubby first saw this card he said, "This is a good card from a woman to a man." Therefore, I'm calling it a "Menly Card"! Thanks Hubby for your "stamp" of approval!
Color Throwdown's challenge CTD27 for this week is to use Real Red, Basic Black & Brocade Blue. What these colors came to mind was a patriotic card at first, but as I was reading other challenges, I incorporated Mojo Monday's sketch challenge week 71 & Our Creative Corner's challenge Crazy for Hearts as well.
I used several heart stamps for this card. The red hearts on the Basic Black CS are heat embossed with Firecracker Red embossing powder. Then I used a smaller heart stamped in White Craft so that the black background wouldn't be so dark. I struggled with the white cardstock square, but at the end I sponged it with Real Red to reduce the starkness of the white against the other colors.
Sprinkle & Sparkle Firecracker Red embossing powder, ribbon, SU! background stamp & other SU! heart stamps, clear glitter glue, foam dots, Zots, Real Red, Basic Black & White Craft ink

Comments

LeAnne said…
Wow, what a great card and a great way to combine all the challenges! Thanks for sharing--now are you actually going to give that card to your hubby?
LeAnne
Poppy said…
love the colours so vibrant.
poppy
Lynda Benden said…
What beautiful colors, love your card it's gorgeous!
Barbara said…
Beautiful card!!! Love the big fat bow!!
Cathy Rulli said…
What a great card - so glad you could play along!
dpkennedy said…
Great combination of challenge! I love your bow treatment-it's so luscious! Thanks for playing the CTD!
Broni said…
Oh, I love all the hearts and I believe the hubby is right! Great card to give a guy (or really anybody!) That sure is a beautiful bow! Thanks for playing along with us!
FABULOUS! I love how you managed to make this a Valentine, and your bow is gorgeous! Thanks for playing the Throwdown!
Ann said…
Gorgeous card, Oliva! I love the colors and big red bow!

Popular Posts